Sunday, April 15, 2007

Butterfly Quilt is BORN!!

The Butterfly Garden quilt has been in progress for some THYME now. I don't think we will actually tell how long, but lets say that three sewing machines have seen their tension have better days. Anyhow, that's another story. Recently I have been promising my crafty counterpart a day devoted to quilting. Even when two polar-opposites combine to craft, its always better than trying to make something without another's eye. Even though I am very, shall I say, go with the flow, I have limited creative vision regarding color-combinations and details. I need someone else to turn the fabric around or suggest a change when my creative juices run out. Soooooo, on to quilt day. With two working sewing machines, I thought it only appropriate to turn this:


and this:


into something more....quilt-y.......in ONE day.

Good thing we made a big pot of coffee because it took two brains, two sewing machines, two meals, 14 hours, 131 photos and a lot of laughs before small three inch squares turned into bed-sized quilt.
I cannot say how impressed I am with the finished result. Butterfly Garden is far more beautiful, intricate and intense than I ever imagined. However, you all must stay tuned to see the photos!!!







No comments: